Scandinavian style and Arctic wilderness –
Visit Finland for the best of both worlds.
How to Experience Finland
The best places to stay in Finland.
Bon voyage to Finland the Virtuoso way.
Finland Tour: Way more than a cookie-cutter tour.
Finland is a year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts, adventure seekers, and travelers interested in culture and cuisine. It offers something for every type of traveler, from dog sledding through Lappish scenery and hiking in lush forests to soaking in a traditional Finnish sauna and viewing the northern lights. We are sharing these inspiring sample itineraries with you – a dreamy winter vacation in the Arctic Lapland or a cultural summer road trip through southern Finland – and can craft an unforgettable itinerary for you with exclusive Virtuoso perks along the way.
Fascinating Winter Finland
5 Nights • Travel available December through March
Experience authentic local cuisine, acclaimed snow activities, and the renowned northern lights. HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Get a taste of Helsinki’s dynamic culinary scene at restaurants that create dishes using fresh, local ingredients
- Fly to Levi in the Finnish Arctic Lapland, famous for clean air, pure water, and natural wonders
- In Levi, go on a snowmobile safari, soak in a traditional Finnish sauna, and see the northern lights
- Take a dog sled ride through the Lappish scenery, visit a reindeer farm, or take part in Levi’s world-renowned skiing
Road Trip in Southern Finland
6 Nights • Travel available May through September
Drive through Finland and discover unique architecture, nature trails, charming cafes, and village shops. HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Begin in Helsinki and wander through the shops in Market Hall, see Neoclassical architecture in Senate Square, and dine at a cafe in the Torikorttelit area
- Head to the Kotka-Hamina region, a hub of maritime culture, for biking, fishing, and golfing
- Explore the rugged forests of Repovesi National Park and the UNESCO-designated Verla en route to the Lahti region, a paradise for nature lovers
- Drive to the historical Harne region to visit the Finnish Glass Museum and find works of local artisans in the littala Village
Find More Inspiration
The World’s Coolest Museums for Kids
From fine art to far-off galaxies, these museums offer dedicated kid’s activities and enchant grown-ups too.
Finland’s Subarctic Lapland Region Lights Up Winter Nights
Produced by Virtuoso with Visit Finland
Go north to find Santa, ride in a reindeer sleigh, and see the aurora borealis.
The Sustainable Dining Trend We Love: Zero-Waste Restaurants
Four places to see it in action.