The Best Villa & Luxury Residences in 2020
A villa has meant different places of residency, throughout history, in various countries around the globe. Centuries ago, a villa was an elegant and spacious vacation luxury home for the well to do, those who wanted a quick getaway from the city life. In more recent years, a villa refers to a vacation rental property. Villa residences are often like large single-family luxury homes, with gardens, vineyards, or courtyards. Villas generally provide hotel-like services, in a private home setting, on elegantly remote destinations. Consider the Banyan Tree Mayakoba, in Mexico, for example, which is best categorized for its Seclusion, Beach, and Wellness program with Classic Room Style and Zen Vibe.
The idea and functionality of Roman villas have grown substantially since its original concept and design. During the Middle ages, villa residences resurfaced as elegant, sophisticated, upper-class country homes. While a villa that is an attached or semi-detached private home in North America can be less pricey, they cannot be fairly compared to the European villas. European properties are often luxurious homes with elaborate pools, resort-style amenities like a clubhouse, tennis courts, park space with a country-club vibe or resort-like setting, and plenty of open space in addition to acres of lush landscaping. And again, even today, a villa may mean something different in the United Kingdom vs. the British Virgin Islands, in Indonesia versus Cambodia, parts of India versus Pakistan, even in Italy versus other parts of the Mediterranean.
There are a high number of experiences available when choosing to stay at luxury villa residences. Some of these experiences may revolve around Beach, Wellness, Seclusion, Local Immersion, and even perhaps about Golf. There are so many amazing properties to choose from, making it tough for our clients to decide on choosing the best of the best villa and luxury residences. Here are a handful of them for you to review and consider:
- Tiamo Resort in South Andros Island, Bahamas, with Indigenous Room Style and Zen Vibe
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay in Nha Trang, Vietnam, with Contemporary Room Style and Zen Vibe
- Alila Villas Uluwatu in Bali, Indonesia, with Eclectic Room Style and Sophisticated Vibe
- Dar Ahlam in, Ouarzazate, Morocco, with Contemporary Room Style and Casual Vibe
- Il Borro Estate in Arezzo, Italy, with Classic Room Style and Casual Vibe
- Myconian Villa Collection in Mykonos, Greece, with Classic Room Style and Sophisticated Vibe
- Velaa Private Island in Noonu Atoll, Maldives, with Contemporary Room Style and Zen Vibe
For family time, dedicated service, decadent seclusion, and so much more, book a (better than) private home away from home.
- Bring Generations Together.
- Celebrate Good Times.
- Seek Maximum Privacy.
- Get the Best of Both Worlds.
Upgrade Your Experience
Whether you plan on spending a week at a private lakeside lodge or a couple of nights at an Italian villa, your NorthStar Virtuoso travel advisor can help you make the most of your stay. From complex itineraries to simple escapes, you will have more time to relax and enjoy when you leave the details to us. Plus, you’ll receive up to $500 worth of exclusive hotel amenities:
- Room upgrade upon arrival or at the time of booking, when available.
- Breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom – from a la carte to buffet to continental.
- Early check-in and late checkout, when available.
- Wi-Fi access, whenever available, in your room or throughout the property.
- Value-added extra, such as resort activity credit, lunch or diner for two, or a private airport transfer.